Causes Of Low Sex Drive In Women
A reduced Libido or low sex drive can affect any of us at any time, and its not just reserved for the older woman, even those of us who are in our 20’s can still struggle to get ‘in the mood’.
There are many causes, but with a healthy sex life being a corner stone of a strong loving relationship its important to understand the reasons why this happens and what can be done to rectify the problem.
Some more common causes of a loss of libido in women include:
- Depression – whatever the cause, if you are depressed, the last thing on your mind is sex
- Stress,Tiredness – leading a busy life is both tiring and stressful, its one of the main reasons for a drop in sex drive.
- Reduced Blood Flow – If the blood flow to the vagina and surrounding area is reduced for any reason, our sexual response and desire is greatly reduced
- Pregnancy and Childbirth – A key cause of poor libido in younger women, its due to increased levels of prolactin in the blood after childbirth
- Medication – various medicines can lower libido, 2 prime examples are birth control pills and anti depressants
- Low Estrogen Levels – common in women as they approach and go through menopause, aside from reduced sex drive, they can also experience vaginal dryness and reduced muscle tone in the vaginal walls.
External factors can also have a marked effect on a woman’s libido, these can include relationship problems and even childhood abuse.
Get Your Sex Drive Back On Track
The first thing to do is to grab some time for yourself, take time out to relax and pamper yourself, maybe join a yoga class or have a massage to help you relax.
If you have young children, leave them with their grandparents, your partner or another relative for an afternoon – take time just for you… this will help improve your positive energy and reduce stress.
If you think that their could be a medical issue causing the problem then speak to your doctor, maybe a medication that you are taking is affecting things, or maybe you need a supplement to boost low hormone levels.
Talk to your partner, this is crucial to keep your relationship on track, if the children are running you ragged or just running the home and dealing with all the bills is taking its toll, if they don’t already – ask them to help out.
There is a comprehensive range of natural based creams, gels and pills that have been specially developed to help boost reduced libido in women.
We have reviewed many of the most popular and invite you to read these reviews and hope that our recommendations will help you find one that will help you regain your libido and enable you to both want and enjoy sex again…..